• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prices?

HulkSmash

i pay

for my every day price -

180 - 54" = 557.00
8518 lam 54" - $410.00
IJ35 - $172.00
ij40c - $285.00

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you guys realize you are posting your costs in a totally open section that anyone anywhere in the world can see this ?? Not to mention posting websites for end-users to go to directly ??

Are you purposely trying to undermine yourselves ?? :banghead:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you guys realize you are posting your costs in a totally open section that anyone anywhere in the world can see this ?? Not to mention posting websites for end-users to go to directly ??

You figure that the average or even above average client is going to make any sense at all out of that site? Even if some of them did, so what? What does the price of a roll of white vinyl mean to them?

Perhaps you figure that once they see the price of a roll of vinyl they'll run out and buy a printer and perhaps a plotter and maybe even a laminator, attendant software, learn how to use all of the gear, pick up all of the other stuff needed to do anything at all, and start cranking out their own work?

Or that they'll start computing prices based on nothing but the price of a roll of vinyl?

animenick65

Anyone with half a brain and a computer can piece together the baseline cost of just about anything. What they can't quite figure out is the cost of something based on R&D, overhead, marketing and the many other pieces of the puzzle it takes to get a product out the door.

For instance, I know the baseline cost Apple pays for parts for an iPhone 4S. But I don't know what it cost to develop, build, ship, deploy and support this product, which in the end can be a substantial sum.

I understand that you don't want sq. ft. prices from wholesalers, but be watchful of the line between protecting your merchant member/local business and stagnating healthy discussions that can ultimately help you and others grow their business, which in the end is really what this forum is about.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You all missed the whole point.

Why not just put it in a category which can't be seen by end-users regardless of how well they can or cannot put two and two together.

Here's an example....​

:glasses: Timmy's Electric Company googles wraps for vehicles.... goes on to shops producing.... then goes to pricing and so on. He finds out that his truck will take 385 S.F. of laminated vinyl through talking with shop owners. He now has an edge because you guys are discussing openly what those prices are showing exactly where to get it and how much the various rolls cost you.... and I'm sure he can do a little math and figure out how much of a roll 54" x 50 yards will yield and then you're going to have to justify your prices and mark up to an end-user who has more inside knowledge than he should. It just kinda puts you in a tough spot, that's all. :doh: I know it's sounds like a little trouble on an end-user's part, but everyone is always looking for a little extra help. Why give 'em this ??

However, if you guys don't mind telling someone what these numbers are.... do you have your costs to everything posted around your shop so your customers know up front what you're doing ??​

C'mon, I'm not being difficult here, Why would anyone discuss this kinda stuff in a completely open area ??And then want to defend doing so ??

Locals Find!

Gino, if your not logged in this thread won't appear. So, I think everyone is safe. Fred, fixed that quite a while back.

So, for an outsider to see this stuff they are going to have to get past Fred first to join.

StarSign

So the customer knows the cost of the material, and he also has (buy reading this forum) a list of machines to do the job, and the software to create the job. So all he has to do is buy the material, printer, computer, Design Software, RIP software and now he can print it himself.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, if your not logged in this thread won't appear. So, I think everyone is safe. Fred, fixed that quite a while back.

So, for an outsider to see this stuff they are going to have to get past Fred first to join.

Addie, someone JUST fixed it within the last few minutes. This was originally in the 'General Chit Chat' section and no one has to be a member or logged in to see a thing, there. So just go back to breaking things and do your broker gig.

:thankyou: Fred or brad...................