• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Help

l-rod

Brand new to this site, if this is in the wrong part of the forum, I apoligize and feel free to move it.

I do vinyl work. In this area, most of the vehicle work comes in the form of coal truck lettering. I had a car dealership approach me with a race car they bought to be used only for promotional display. They said they wanted it red/white/blue and only thing they wanted on it for sure was there logo. So I drew up a design for them consisting of decals for hood / roof / top of trunk / rear bumper / front bumper / and complete sides.

My question is, can anyone on here give me some sort of direction maybe with pricing of the design and labor installing. Race cars in this area (if they have vinyl instead of spray paint) are numbers on each door and roof. So I cant really go by that for this pricing.

Thanks in advance.

J

john1

Check out pricing software to price projects. Google search estimate software as well as graphixcalc. They both have trials so you can try before you buy. Estimate is i think $40 a month and graphixcalc is a one time charge. I use graphixcalc and it works great for the way i do things.

You always should know your costs for each job so you don't lose any money, A simple materials with 100-200% mark up plus labor for design layout, cutting, weeding, masking, applying is a great start for pricing jobs.

Installation charges are typically no lower than $45/hr, I personally am at $60/hr

You can also check out signcraft, it's a online and paper sign pricing guide. It's super cheap and helpful if you haven't a clue on pricing.

Mosh

We letter lots of race cars, from $100 for basic vinyl up to $1,500 for a wrap.

Salmoneye

The formula that we use at our shop is to search the forum and charge 3.5x whatever Mosh would do it for. It has been keeping the doors open. lol

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding Signs 101 and people.

You will only get general answers till you become a subscriber on pricing and some other great info.

Introduce yourself lets see some of your outstanding work.

HulkSmash

Welcome from Denver. Give us some idea of what you think you're wanting to price. you have to have some idea how to sell something you stock..