• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing polycarbonite panels for 20 foot tall monument

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Have a customer rebuilding his monument sign so need to price out the panels. Its a 20 foot sign so there are sections of 5’ tall x 2 sections, one section 6’ tall and one section that is 4’ tall. Sign is 13’ 6” wide and im using roll lexan. I usually double my wholesale cost to my customer for the cutting and handling and delivery but with this 2 sided the cost is going up fast. How do you guys price panels like these? I am going to be putting vinyl on the panels but thats the individual business to handle the blanks the owner is paying for. In all my years i have never done a full set of brand new panels in a sign this big which is odd. Thx for the help.

JBurton

Signtologist
For most materials, my markup is 2.5x. Even double sided, while some stuff goes down as quantity goes up, 'raw' materials are often already priced as low as they can logistically deliver them. You can always try and call your distributor and have them cut you a discount for such quantity, but even then, I'd strive to keep my discount and pass the original price to the customer.
Don't try and save a few bucks by buying one continuous piece, unless you're ready to build something to hold it, have a forklift to unload it, and a second set of hand to unspool it. I got 200' on a spool once, and the extra effort just to load a 'sheet' worth of material was absurd.

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
So i am buying single pieces with two sided i meant the sign has two separate sides so everything is doubled. With the size variants i would get a couple large pieces in diff heights but the price at double the wholesale just seemed to run up pretty high so i dropped down my markup and hope my supplier will kick me a discount which i think they will. Thx for the response.

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Lol well the building and the sign is about 70 years old the sign has been updated 15 years ago but this is an owner who bought the property so he had no choice in the size of the sign. The sign would not be allowed to be built today with the new code but new panels are allowed. Thanks for the response.