• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print and cut using Graphtec FC8000

vikcho

Dear Friends,
I am buying an eco-solvent printer and want to manufacture stickers. I want the plotter to give me the best possible accuracy. I have heard that Summa plotters are best for print and cut purpose but they don't have any local dealer selling summa in India.
Now my problem is:
1. Will the cutting be accurate using a Graphtec FC8000-160 model(I don't have borders on prints)?
2. What maximum size of print can I cut with accuracy and at what maximum speed?
3. If I print using PhotoPrint 6.1 software(provided with printer) and cut with Graphtec using CorelDraw and Graphtec software (I think FineCut) will I lose accuracy? Will I require to print and cut using same software like Onix or Wasatch?
4. I am also being offered an Re-furbished Graphtec FC4100-130 model at an very economical price with 1 year AMC from the company. Will it be as good as FC8000 or there is any major difference?

Please help me decide guys I need your help and opinion to make up my mind.

Thanks And Regards
Vikram

jasonx

Dear Friends,
I am buying an eco-solvent printer and want to manufacture stickers. I want the plotter to give me the best possible accuracy. I have heard that Summa plotters are best for print and cut purpose but they don't have any local dealer selling summa in India.
Now my problem is:
1. Will the cutting be accurate using a Graphtec FC8000-160 model(I don't have borders on prints)?
2. What maximum size of print can I cut with accuracy and at what maximum speed?
3. If I print using PhotoPrint 6.1 software(provided with printer) and cut with Graphtec using CorelDraw and Graphtec software (I think FineCut) will I lose accuracy? Will I require to print and cut using same software like Onix or Wasatch?
4. I am also being offered an Re-furbished Graphtec FC4100-130 model at an very economical price with 1 year AMC from the company. Will it be as good as FC8000 or there is any major difference?

Please help me decide guys I need your help and opinion to make up my mind.

Thanks And Regards
Vikram

1. Yes
2. You can cut as big as your media with great accuracy. Use segmented marks for bigger files. Speed wise it depends on your media how much it splips etc.
3. Corel Draw with the cutting master plug-in is fine.
4. No idea on that model.

vikcho

Thanks jasonx,
Can you tell me the biggest file you have print and cut using Graphtec? Also what size of print requires segmented marks?
Thanks
Vikram

vikcho

Hi friends,
Anyone using the print and cut setup with Graphtec plotter please help me decide.
Regards
Vikram

vikcho

Do anyone know the difference between FC-8000 and CE-5000. There is a huge price gap and both have optical sensor for print and cut jobs. If the only difference is in speed and force I will go for CE series. Please guide me.
Regards
Vikram

DRamm76

Do anyone know the difference between FC-8000 and CE-5000. There is a huge price gap and both have optical sensor for print and cut jobs. If the only difference is in speed and force I will go for CE series. Please guide me.
Regards
Vikram

FC8000-Prime Rib
CE5000-Lunch Meat

Print & Cut..FC8000

CS-SignSupply

FC = bigger, badder, faster - more down pressure, more options, better tracking
CE = medium duty, vinyl cutting with occasional print/cut contour jobs

vikcho

Can anyone tell me that the light pointer axis alignment method as accurate as automatic mark sensor. Someone told me it's faster and doesn't require media wastage for marks.

messmedia

... huuuuh, I think CE series DO NOT HAVE ability to read reg marks!!??!!

I have a roland printer and fc 8000. No problems, printing nor cutting.

U can print then cut any size, though, since reg marks do take some space (1.5 cm away from print) and u need some space for cutter rollers, u can actually cut a little less then cutter maximum size (i have FC8000-100 - a 1 meter cutter, so I prep my file in a way I take 3 cm from left and right side of sheet and do not put anything there. So when I put regmarks they fit well in my file. That means I use 94 cm for print/cut)
Only, if u need a centimeter or so more, it can b done, since my graphtec actually cuts 102 cm (not 100 :{)) so if u reaaaaly wanna use last milimeter of available space, u can ...

Grabex

Hi,
We have a Graphtec Jetsign JX1130 plotter, we are looking for the three roller pinch base supports, where can I find them.
Thank you,
Daniel

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I have a CE-5000 24" and it is "ok" to do contour cut stickers. It does require a good bit of waste material because of the alignment.

Hopefully this year when we upgrade our printer I will also get a larger cutter from Summa.

I would also suggest some type of RIP to help you manage and make much more efficient to handle creating and duplicating stickers with the appropriate cut lines. I recently purchased Wasach SoftRIP w/cutter add-on and love it. It's taken most of the frustration out of contour cutting for me. And for "stickers" it has a tracer tool built in that can make simple cut lines for you. The one advantage you will get with the higher end cutters is that Wasach, and probably other RIPs, is the ability to do a perf and kiss cut on the same job. On the CE5000 you can only do one at a time. Even with a RIP this is very time consuming to do. I believe the F series allows both just like the Summa cutters but you would need to double check with your RIP software provider BEFORE you buy any hardware.

With some careful and MANUAL changes to the blade pressure you can do both kiss cuts and perf cuts on the CE-5000.

Tel

Briankb I know this post is a year old but i have a ce5000-120 and a mutoh 1204 and 1604 printers and using wasatch rip software I cannot get the cutter to consistently cut, most time it fails to find the registration marks and the very odd time it will cut. Could you possibly give me any advice like your settings for margins etc that may maybe help me
Thanking you
Tel