• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head cleaning question

Dennis422

I'm buying an ultra sonic cleaner and I would like to know which solution to use to clean print heads.

I have two print heads that are completely shut and I would like to mess with them to see if I could clean them up, or at least to practice on them because the ones that are in my printer could use some cleaning too.

Also, which cleaning machine would you recommend, I have seen that there are some that are specifically designed for this purpose and are few hundred to a $1K. I'm looking more of something smaller, to see if it works. Maybe $50-$100.

Thanks in advance.

MikePro

i've heard of people using ultrasonic ring cleaners, and just dangling the heads in the solution. being careful not to rattle the head on the sides.
i'd imagine that the solution was the same used for flushing heads. homebrews being able to dial-up the %'s of acetone to butyl until you either fix the nozzles or burn a hole through the printhead.

if I were cheap, and wanted to give it a go, I'd use a wide glass shotglass filled with solution and an ultrasonic toothbrush :)
...but then again, there's nothing I haven't been able to clean-up with a weekend-long headsoak&flush.