• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print-Laminate-Cut with CJ-500, how?

ast

Good day!

We have our CJ-500 for years now, but never tried to print-laminate-cut, anyone know how to do this with FlexiSign Pro v7.5? We know how to print, we know how to cut, we know how to print then cut, but print-laminate-cut we dont know ;) please help...TIA!

ast

Baz

In a nutshell .... When you are getting ready to send a job to the production manager, in the print/cut options: #1- make sure you have "print crop marks" enabled (located in the printer options),#2- in the cutting options make sure you have it set to "Hybrid job", #3- In the general menu, select the "hold job" tab instead of "send now" ... then send it (i assume you have selected proper profiles and cutting weight also).

On the printer itself. Make sure you have set your base point at least 1/2" away from the first pinch roller to allow it to print the crop marks. Push your base point button to set it (after you do that you can also push/hold the "enter" button to see what width of space you have to print).

Back to the computer. In production manager, #1- Select and right click on the job you sent and select "properties".#2- In one of the tabs (i don't remember the name), where it says "after printing", select to "hold job" instead of the default "delete". #3- In the same tab (under the hold job option), select to send only the "print job"(instead of "print and cut job" or "cut job").

Now you can send it and it will only print (with crop marks). It will print a total of three registration marks (two at the begining, the width of the printer and it will print one at the end of the print) .When it is finished, production manager will hold the job.

After it is finished, cut off your piece of vinyl. **note** make sure you have at least 4-6 inches of vinyl before and after your print to make it easyer to load into the laminator afterwards.

Laminate your print. Load it back in the printer the same direction you printed it. You will have to set two base points for allignment. Set your first base point to the first crop mark. (I own an SC-500 and i believe it is very similar). The crop mark should show a black circle with a small 90 degree fine line. You should allign your blade to the corner of that 90 degree fine line mark (check it by holding the "blade down" button on the printer. It will lower the blade holder to mark the vinyl and show where it is).

After you set your first base point, chose (move the knife) to the second registration mark that is farthest away (if you printed longer that the width of the printer then chose the mark at the end of the print). Bring your kife to the 90 degree fine line on that mark (use your cutter down button to mark the vinyl until you are set to the tip of the lines). Then select "align point" on the printer.

Now you are ready to cut. Go back to the production manager and select the job and right click on it. Select properties and chose that tab where you had it holding the job after printing. Now in the sending options select "send cut job" (instead of "print job" or "print and cut").

Now send it and your printer should start cutting.

There you go .. Wasn't that easy? :clapping::frustrated::clapping::ROFLMAO:

p3

yea, just in the options you send as seperate jobs and it will automatically hold the job after printing...

ast

Baz and P3,

Thank you so much for the detailed instruction!!! :) I know its a waste of your time to type all the details, but it's surely a time saver for us, thanks again!! :)

Thanks!! ;) hehe

ast

Baz

You're welcome. Hope it works out for you. And wanting to help somebody out is not a waste of time :thumb: