• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Problem

S

Sign-Man Signs

I have been having this issue of graphics getting a fade before filling. It is getting to a point now, that I have to do something. It only happens on graphics such as the one's in the thumbnails. If I do a plain block with color it does not happen. I thinking I have a profile issue. I have done a fill, deep cleans and all the usual things but still getting the fade.

Last edited by a moderator:

KR3signguy

it could just be the file.
is it dropping out like a printhead is misfiring or is it only happening horizontaly within that file?

S

Sign-Man Signs

I thought it was mis firing on the head but I ran a color block test, like three colors squared off and it prints fine. I also tried rotating the designs but still the fade is on the leading edge. Thats why I think I have something messed up in my profiles.

Bogie

Is it always at the same spot along the printer? Or does the fading move around - i.e., if you flip the image, does it also do it?

I'm thinking heater weirdness?

signsnowphilly

do you have an image "placed" into the design.
sometimes when you place a file in illustrator is prints a strange unseen block color...

S

Sign-Man Signs

Is it always at the same spot along the printer? Or does the fading move around - i.e., if you flip the image, does it also do it?

I'm thinking heater weirdness?

Same spot no matter if you flip the image. What's you're thinking on heater?

jc1cell

I've had this happen to me at times....usually after a long print. If I don't perform a clean, the first few passes the head has ink starvation and then slowly it starts printing great. I usually fix this with a clean.

However you can't seem to get it to work with a clean no matter what strength. I'd say print this file again after a clean...if it happens again run a nozzle check without cleaning and check the results carefully. If nozzles are fine run a test print similar to the attachment. It's a combination of color bars from cmyk to richKRGB and analize that for dropped color.

You never mentioned if this was a vector or pixel file.....What you can do is test a file in both formats and see what results you get since you mentioned that it didn't happen with blocks of colors.

Before deciding on a profile issue lets figure out if it's a mechanical issue.

jc

Attachments

• Black Test Strip.jpg
    Black Test Strip.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: