• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Vinyl for E-Z UP canopy

acothran

I have a client that has a standard E-Z UP canopy to use for his outdoor booth. He wants us to add print/cut logos. I check with Oracal they don't have a vinyl they will warranty on "canvas, canopies, or cloth type awnings." I'm wondering what vinyl you use for this application, especially a product that has a warranty for such an application? I know I could just use a general vinyl but I don't want the customer to come back after a few uses with peeling vinyl and I don't have any support from the manufacturer. FYI, this is a canopy that will be set up and folded back up frequently.

Thanks,
Allen

stoliker

Creative banner has a material called fabricbrite. I have no personal experience with it for anything other then flags but it may be worth a look.

phototec

FabricBrite

FabricBrite, from Creative Banner, is a woven-polyester material designed to adhere graphics and lettering to non-traditional banner materials. Its pressure-sensitive, solvent-based adhesive enables compatibility with nylon, poly/cotton blend, and other cloth materials where traditional pressure-sensitive vinyl does not adhere properly. FabricBrite application tape also is available to adhere additional graphic elements quickly and easily. FabricBrite is available in seven standard colors, in 10- or 50-yd (9.1- or 45.7-m) rolls with a width of 15 in. (381 mm). Creative Banner Assemblies, 6801 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Minneapolis, MN 55430, 612-566-1118, 800-528-8846, fax: 612-566-8031, Web: www.creativebanner.com.

Mosh

+on heat pressing, or you culd screen in on too. Don't think I would trust the vinyl FabricBrite.

trik

We use heat applied Thermoflex from Specialty Materials, as well as Stahls materials, and Spectra, I have used all three and some others, but these would be my favorites.

Good luck!

splizaat

We use Siser Easyweed for canopies...just did four of them about six months ago and they are still holding up to this day. They need to be heatpressed!

binki

we have used both thermoflex and siser heat applied apparel vinyl. it does shrink a little but it wont crack and if it starts coming up it can be heat set again.

Bill Modzel

I have used DacTac, which is comparable to the FabricBrite. I didn't print it, just cut from color stock. You need a very aggressive transfer mask for the stuff. I actually use intermediate vinyl for premask.

One thing that seemed to help adhesion significantly was to scuff the surface with 400 grain sandpaper used dry of course. After that I used a hairdryer on high and went over it all aggressively with a rivet brush.

I've also successfully screen printed them with NazDar DA series two part nylon ink.
That stuff is amazing, but toxic too.