• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Colors off, Think I traced it to ONYX

MithosTheHero

Hey guys/gals,

I have been in a jam for the past day trying to figure something out. Hopefully I can lay down some history and not bore anyone to death in the process.
Recently my company had a large influx of work for a series of schools across the US. As the days went on I noticed my 3 HP L26500s were changing colors. However the IQ prints show everything was normal. I attempted to relinearize my medias but no difference was made. I however was on a tight schedule and I had no time to really sit down and really figure it out. So I kept similar art on specific printers so that I didn't have large color shifts going to the same schools. Now however the huge crunch is over and with the slightly lul of work I wanted to figure out my problem.

Heres a list of things I tried and sadly things got seemingly worse.
Material in question is general formulations 201 white vinyl.
~ I backed up and reinstalled with no change.
~ I tried again but this time my backups refused to work and onyx 11.0 continously crashed.
~ Tried again same thing. Frustrated I formatted the install drive (separate from my system drive)
~ Installed fresh. Everything installed nice. My printers were printing same colors however they were VERY blue!
~ I tried relinearizing again. No dice.
~ I built a profile from scratch same results as the pre-made genform profile.
~ My color spaces have always been cmyk swop v2 and argb98 and its supposed to override embedded profiles.
~ However I went back to some of the school work using unaltered files and after re-ripping them I noticed that my color profiles no longer automatically replaced the colors. The colors on the newly ripped files are off. Typically with higher cyan values than before.
~ I redownloaded swop and argb98 from adobe's website and no change.

Hopefully someone with a lil more experience in this matter will have a clue what this thing is doing to me. And any suggestions or requests for extra info are always GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

James.

Was the shift in colors occurring in the middle of a print (a multi-panel job for instance), or only in different prints?

MithosTheHero

The color issue where one printer began printing more yellow, one more blue, and one more or less stayed the same. All 3 printers originally started printing nearly identical color. However I never noticed a gradual change. It was over a span of several months and I don't sadly have many extra prints from the beginning so I can't particularly say if it was gradual or just a sudden jump in color variance.

Since the reinstall all 3 printers are again printing nearly identical color however the colors are shifted quite to the cyan range. I swapped the parts between the 3 printers. The color differences did not switch between the printers during that process. I also replaced print heads and inks with new. No difference.

Hope this gives a lil more help, if you need any other info from me, plz do ask. I appreciate all the help I can get.