• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Comparison Source?

juan45215

It's about time to start looking at printers again, but it's almost impossible to compare printers based on the manufacturers specs.

Does anyone know of a website or printed source that compares wide format printers? I looked at the Flaar reports, but they seem outdated.

I'm running a JV3 now. Considering Mimaki, Roland, Epson, Mutoh and HP.

Letterbox Mike

If you want to run up the street you're more than welcome to come take our JV33 and GS6000 for a spin.

I'd put the JV33 at the top of your list if for no other reason you already know the ins and outs of the JV3 and Mimaki, so it won't be much of a change at all. If we were ever in the market for another smaller-format solvent printer it's the only one I'd even look at, we've been extremely happy with ours.

juan45215

If you want to run up the street you're more than welcome to come take our JV33 and GS6000 for a spin.

I'd put the JV33 at the top of your list if for no other reason you already know the ins and outs of the JV3 and Mimaki, so it won't be much of a change at all. If we were ever in the market for another smaller-format solvent printer it's the only one I'd even look at, we've been extremely happy with ours.

Thanks. I'll take you up on that. I have read your past comments on the GS6000 so I know you are not trilled with it. If I look at Epson it will be their new SureColor 4 color model.
My only concern with the JV33 is that it will probably be discontinued soon.
Which is faster between the Jv33 and the GS6000?

Letterbox Mike

The JV33 is faster by a considerable margin. I do expect it will be replaced by an upgraded printer sooner or later, but I wouldn't lose sleep over that, there are a bazillion out there so they will be heavily supported for years. And new and fancy isn't always better, case in point my GS6000, the JV series is tried and true. And if nothing else if they do discontinue it you can bet there will be some smoking deals on them...