• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer cutter question

spudcity

serious newbie question here...I have Adobe CS2, Roland SP300-V, and Versaworks.

How do you do multiple color numbers and letters and still get the contour cut? Does the process change if you are cutting multiple colors compared to printing the different colors?

It is probably something simple that I just haven't figured out yet, but I guess that is why I am still a newbie

RedWolf

No answer for you on this, yet welcome to signs101. I am located out of Birnamwood so wanted to say hi.

Matt

Jackpine

Welcome to the group, from northeast Wisconsin. It seems you may not have bought your equipment from the right dealer. You need some instructions or research about your equipment. I don't own your type of printer but I don't think I would cut vinyl with a versacamm unless it was printed and then contour cut.
serious newbie question here...I have Adobe CS2, Roland SP300-V, and Versaworks.

How do you do multiple color numbers and letters and still get the contour cut? Does the process change if you are cutting multiple colors compared to printing the different colors?

It is probably something simple that I just haven't figured out yet, but I guess that is why I am still a newbie

spudcity

doing a one color number/letter is easy, you just set the stroke to the cut/contour. But what if you want to add a second color (or third)? If you use another color for your stroke (and adjust the weight), how do you get the cut/contour around the outside? Do you have to use the pen tool and go around the outside of the stroke? There has to be an easier way then that. It is not a printer issue, it is an Illustrator issue.

spudcity

Thank you Matt, I look forward to meeting you sometime. Where is your shop at? I drive through B-wood at least once a week.

No answer for you on this, yet welcome to signs101. I am located out of Birnamwood so wanted to say hi.

Matt

RedWolf

No brick and mortar store yet. I am working out of my house. During the warmer months I throw almost everything in the motorhome and sell at various outdoor events all over the state.

Matt

Also sending you a PM.