• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Tech in Boston

Hey all,

Signed up a couple of weeks ago so figured it was about time I introduced myself.

I am a Large-format printer/cutter tech working primarily with equipment Resellers. This forum seems like as great way to keep an eye on the sort of problems people are having out in the field and to keep up on the newest equipment. I specialize mainly in Mimaki equipment so will keep my eyes peeled for any posts I can make helpful suggestions with. Also, if you have a specific Mimaki question feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers,

Dave.

Last edited:
Is this Dave Mee???

Long time no talk.. Hope all is well.

All of our JV3's are still in production working daily...

Still to this day I comment on how the 250sp back in 2003 paved the way to our production evolution..

Best Regards,

Michael Failla
Operations Manager
Big Color Graphics Division
Merritt Graphics
650 Franklin Avenue
Hartford, CT 06114-3031
800 344 4477 ext 1117
860 296 1322 fax
860 883 7642 cell
mfailla@merrittgraphics.com

Mainframe

Welcome Dave from PA, Are you a Sox fan? I am a friend of T Francona, I caught him in little league, he is from my home town.

Is this Dave Mee???

Long time no talk.. Hope all is well.

All of our JV3's are still in production working daily...

Still to this day I comment on how the 250sp back in 2003 paved the way to our production evolution..

Best Regards,

Ha! Hi Michael, yes it is! I guess I've got to get up pretty early in the morning to catch you out, huh? So much for hiding behind my clever alias. Glad to know that the JV3s are running well but do let me know if you manage to break them!

Cheers,

~DM

question on JV5

Hi Dave,

We are a digital sublimation printer in Thailand, I am using aJV5 and JV33 machine with caldera rip, i have various technical problem which really I am quite in a dilemma how to solve this issues;

1. Right now I am experiencing an 142 error, i have already turn off many times my machine yet still keeps on coming this error.

2. i am no longer using the original ink from mimaki, I use a stork ink with the S52 chips, however in black ink the chips is unreadable, at present my JV5 firmware is using ver.6 most of the jv5 in the market is using ver 3 firmware does it effect my chips, since according to my source from mimaki this latest version locks the black color? what can i do.

3. I have certain issues in my cian and magenta color, after the profiling the color magenta seems with cian mixed and cian with magenta mixed. now when I set the cmyk value in Ai example 50% yellow and 0% cmk, when opening in caldera the output comes out with cian mix...what is the problem?

4. Gradient..when I have gradient setting in Ai and when I print thru caldera the color instead of having smooth gradient it has significant 3rd color in between the gradient colors, actually especially in black gradient and cian gradients.

5.smoke background of yellow...when I print some red or colors with yellow mixed in comes out with smoke background like mist

I am thankful for listening to my questions any points you can share are highly appreciated...thank you again

vmsop

Hi Dave,
Have you encounter the ERROR 11 - PARAMETER ERROR on the Mimaki JV5-160S?
Thanks in advance.
Rob.