• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing and cutting reflective.

gabagoo

Here's the scoop. I have a rather complex contour cut that I need to do for some enforcement vehicles. The door logo will be printed on 2 mlclear vinyl, then applied to white reflective that I will have cut in our Graphtec. The reason I want to do it this way is that my Summa has never been used to cut reflective and I dont have a spare blade holder so I really do not want to dull the blade extensively on that machine as then everything after that will be a pain to reconfigure pressure. I have an alternate blade holder for the Graphtec so I can cut the reflective on that machine then place the clear print on top and then some cut laminate on top of that. I was just curious though if you think I will run into problems wherby the Graphtec may cut the image just enough of a difference off to make alignment a headache? I will try one and see what happens. Anyone ever try this?

Circleville Signs

I think because the Graphtec probably doesn't have ARMS, correct?

You shouldn't run into anything major, just be sure that you are using cast vinyl for both the reflective and the clear. And be sure that you are confortable laying it down - because the clear is a BISNATCH to get down on top of any other vinyl...

Gary

gabagoo

Why not print directly on the reflective?

Generally I would except that I really dont weant to ruin the blade in the Summa cutter. Trust me I know how much of a nightmare it can be after that to re calculate all my pressures. Much easier to do it the way I said in the long run

gabagoo

duh........ Believe it or not the graphtec blade holder actually will fit into the Summa. hmmmmm I do believe I have solved the dilemma!!!! now to figure out how much pressure.

gabagoo

yea thats what I use with an old beat up blade. The summa has a larger scale for pressure. Regular 3ml with a 3ml lam uses about 245 so I will assume reflective with lam will be well up into the 400's with a beat up crap blade lol