• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing from AI?

GoodPeopleFlags

Is it possible to print to the Edge directly from Illustrator? If I import this file into Omega, there will be a ton of extra lines (a gradient) and I'd have to spend alot of time getting it the way I want. I don't like to convert it to .tif or .jpg cuz I feel it just "loses" something in the transition.
Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No it isn't possible and I disagree with you on the loss if you convert to a raster image. That would only come into play if you are going to print with spot colors.

I will say that I much prefer to do the rasterization in Photoshop. It just seems to be better at giving me a clean, smoothly blended image than Illustrator.

Bill Modzel

Well, it is possible with MacImprint. But that's Mac only and Illy 10 only. I've been using it for 10 years and have never owned another piece of Gerber software. It's an amazing little plug in and shame on Gerber for not upgrading and promoting it more.