• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing JPG image problems

graphix28

what's up guys?
here's my issue, I print 90% vector images.. where I can use spot colors.. well lately I've been getting a few jobs where they want jpg's or photos printed. I'm using a Roland VP. How do I get my colors close to what I'm seeing on the screen? blacks are more grey,, yellows are really green looking.. what am I doing wrong?? using VersaWorks rip software. thanks so much for any help!! :thankyou:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
what's up guys?
here's my issue, I print 90% vector images.. where I can use spot colors.. well lately I've been getting a few jobs where they want jpg's or photos printed. I'm using a Roland VP. How do I get my colors close to what I'm seeing on the screen? blacks are more grey,, yellows are really green looking.. what am I doing wrong?? using VersaWorks rip software. thanks so much for any help!! :thankyou:

To what is your rendering intent set for bitmaps?

graphix28

I printed a couple jobs last night on matte vinyl and they printed out very "grainy". And the colors were not the best

J

john1

Printed a 3x7" product label the other day from a 300 dpi jpg, Turned out acceptable for a jpg. I find on my machine to get a rich black you should make the cmyk values all 100%. This particular job came out a slight charcoal but once the glossy laminate was on it made the colors a bit richer.

signswi

I don't know anything about versaworks but make sure you're matching your icc profiles, and if you can't match profiles in versaworks convert the profile before ripping in photoshop.

graphix28

what should I convert the profile to? Now after upgrading my versaworks every time I print a gradient it is really off.. say i'm printing a green to white fade.. well at the bottom of the green there is a white streak across the entire image.. what could that be from?