• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Printing LexJet on Mimaki JV300-160

Blazing_Murph

We've been printing wallpaper for a fairly large company for a few years now with no issue. We recently purchased a new printer (Mimaki JV300-160) which works great but the heavily saturated LexJet prints are getting faded striping which seems to only occur when the material is on the take-up reel. The client described it as banding but its not consistent enough and I feel like the issue is coming from the hard edges on the platen (which the striping seems to mimic) and the high tension of the take up reel. I talked to LexJet and our heat settings seem to be in line with what they run. If anyone has a suggestion that helps us avoid running these large (106") panels onto the floor that would be great. Is it worth looking into a tension bar attachment (does anyone run one with this machine?). Strange question and no photos (yet) but any brain storming would help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's possible that the print feed calibration is being affected by the take up reel. Try loading the media and attach it to the take up reel and then run your print feed calibration.