• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on matte white

Dave Stacey

A customer of mine needs matte yellow stickers with black text printed. They had to match a sample they had already. I was in a hurry so I printed on the Edge a solid Gerber Process yellow foil on a matte white I had. It still was a little glossy but they said it was okay. Today I'm trying to print a spot black on the matte white but is coming out extremely blotchy. I've tried overprinting & printing in Edge1 mode with no change. I can't find a good yellow on the Roland. Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks Dave

Typestries

have you tried turning up the heat setting on the Edge? Fred may have more knowledge, but I remember edging things mattes sometimes needed more heat for the foil to transfer.

Dave Stacey

I only printing 11" x 6ft of vinyl ,different text 2.25 x 14"
Good wholesale customer, mostly prints on regular white vinyl.

Dave Stacey

I've gone to the 123 settings & increased the overprint & heat. The yellow printed fine. I even tried printing the black twice using "home"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you find a matte yellow vinyl and print black directly to it using any machine at your disposal ??