• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on paper carrier?

Podiummxdesigns

Hey guys been lurking around and finally got in a situation that I'm kinda lost on. I mainly do Motorcycle graphics (powersports) BTW so when it comes to weird prints i'm kinda lost. I was approached today by a company in the industry about a run of decals, the catch is they want a normal decal printed on the front but want additional info on the back(paper carrier). My question is, How do I do this with a Roland VS300-I? I did a small 5 piece test run and was able to get it lined up front and back but is there any easier way or am I pissing in the wind lol? Or do you guys no of a way to "cheat" and get the print on the back? Thanks in advance.

Desert_Signs

I did this on my XC540. First, I loaded the material. Once I did a roll set up, I used masking tape on the platen to mark the exact leading edge and side to side. Printed, laminated, then reloaded the material upside down and lined it back up using the marks I made prior. You MUST choose center print on media. I printed 1000 2x3 decals, 250 at a time. The alignment was actually pretty good.

I don't know that I would want to do this all the time, but they were decals I was handing out at an event and I printed my company info on the back. Sort of like a 'useful' business card.

Podiummxdesigns

I did this on my XC540. First, I loaded the material. Once I did a roll set up, I used masking tape on the platen to mark the exact leading edge and side to side. Printed, laminated, then reloaded the material upside down and lined it back up using the marks I made prior. You MUST choose center print on media. I printed 1000 2x3 decals, 250 at a time. The alignment was actually pretty good.

I don't know that I would want to do this all the time, but they were decals I was handing out at an event and I printed my company info on the back. Sort of like a 'useful' business card.
Thanks Desert Signs, Where you located? Anyways, could you elaborate on the "center Print" I looked through my printer settings and didn't see anything, maybe it's worded different?

EDIT* I just looked again in Media setting and found "Center on Media". Is that the setting. It's funny you buy these high dollar printers to do these motorcycle kits and never have to use any special settings lol, when you need to your lost haha.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Is it always the same info for the back?
Where I worked once, we bought a rubber stamp and just stamped the back of everything that left the shop with it.
That way the customer knew where to come back to buy again when they used the last one.
I think the stamp cost like $30 and lasted years, and the stamp was around 4"x8" IIRC.

This may be a good idea to consider doing again, it would also help with remote installers having our number "on hand".

Podiummxdesigns

Is it always the same info for the back?
Where I worked once, we bought a rubber stamp and just stamped the back of everything that left the shop with it.
That way the customer knew where to come back to buy again when they used the last one.
I think the stamp cost like $30 and lasted years, and the stamp was around 4"x8" IIRC.

This may be a good idea to consider doing again, it would also help with remote installers having our number "on hand".
I wish haha, I thought about that. It's got the social media icons on the back in full color. I did see a tech about dry rub decals that might be a little easier for me to attempt.

So far I can get them lined up on the same horizontal plain but still working on getting them over and centered. :banghead: trial and error I suppose.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Podiummxdesigns

Ok, I've attempted several test and this is fustrating lol. So I need to set it to center on media, I know I need the registration marks on the top side but for the back I presume no? When it goes to print the back its offset, Looking at the two in versa studio they appear to be lined up but when the back prints its off.:banghead::banghead: