• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing problems / color profile problems / banding / white spots

solz333

Using a Ricoh SG3110DN for sublimation printing (subli-jet R inks) and my images are printing with a variety of issues. I have been troubleshooting for months; I am on my 3rd printer; bought first printer 6 months ago and nothing seems to be working. Banding, white spots/speckles, super grainy and pixelated image and color mixing. See details below. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!! I am desperate.

Here is some helpful info to recap:

- Image is printing with dark horizontal banding lines; present when printing from my primary Mac computer as well as the HP laptop I set up to try to troubleshoot this issue.

- Image is printing pixelated/grainy. This is present in printouts from both laptops - Mac and HP - with different graphics programs in use (HP has CS5 and Mac has Elements 12)

-Image is printing with smudge marks. Primarily visible in the black color. Looks like someone smudged fingers through wet ink and then let it dry. Uneven distribution of color seems to be present.

- Color block tests show white spots / specks / grains in every color block. In white color block, the specs are grayish/black

- Color Mixing: colors seem to be somewhat blended. Yellow appears with spots of blue tone in it; white appears with spots of gray in it; etc.

Any tips / tricks would be helpful. I am running out of troubleshooting options.

Thanks in advance!!!
Megan