• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Reds

Jthompson Designs

Thanks, that looks fairly close to what I am getting. Mine looks a little more orange. Could the head height have anything to do with it banding? I always run it on High. My reds look decent in some parts of the swatch but it looks like it is not the same the vinyl. Almost like it is too much ink and it isn't drying or printing correctly.

Haven't one time ran my head on HIGH, if it's not drying fast enough check what your heat settings? Banding what wave or are you not running a wave pattern? I don't get banding... that red you see there is with added saturation that's is maybe why it looks redder LOL

Intense01

Haven't one time ran my head on HIGH, if it's not drying fast enough check what your heat settings? Banding what wave or are you not running a wave pattern? I don't get banding... that red you see there is with added saturation that's is maybe why it looks redder LOL

I am running Fine and Wave 1 on the printer but on my rip I just use "default" for the profile.

I just checked everything with a infared therm and my settings are correct.

42 C Platen
38 C Pre heater
50C after heater

What wave pattern are you running? Also, do you have a VJ1204? I get head strikes when I am on low depending on the media

Jthompson Designs

I am running Fine and Wave 1 on the printer but on my rip I just use "default" for the profile.

I just checked everything with a infared therm and my settings are correct.

42 C Platen
38 C Pre heater
50C after heater

What wave pattern are you running? Also, do you have a VJ1204? I get head strikes when I am on low depending on the media

I run a VJ1304 I chose what wave I wont, also use Print SE which is not that great what Rip are u using? also here is a post and the suggestions I got or didn't get

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78216

Intense01

I am using Flexi 10 for rip and design. Thank you for the link. I will check it out. How do I clean the encoder strip? Just wipe it down with alcohol? Is it the strip on the front side on the platen?