• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing Temperatures

So my prints are fine on thick material but cannot print bidirectional on oracal 3164 or similar 70micron media as it gets wavy on the printing platform and bidirectional printing looks awful in those places.

I know it must be a heating problem because I printed 3164 just fine a few months earlier but I cannot remember the setting.

Now I print on 30C pre 40C print and 50C post (86F-104F-122F) and room temp is 18C/64F

Tried standard vacuum instead of strong and only 2 pinch rollers on the ends, this helps somewhat but does not eliminate the problem.

Bidir settings are fine as the problem is present only on wavy parts, other parts are fine.

Someone got an idea of what temperatures should I use? Is there a rule of thumb for temperatures for different medias ?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 208

Vohaul

that seems pretty warm....i use (pre) 33 (print) 34 and 47 (post)....
a little less post on banner materials etc....

AKwrapguy

So my prints are fine on thick material but cannot print bidirectional on oracal 3164 or similar 70micron media as it gets wavy on the printing platform and bidirectional printing looks awful in those places.

I know it must be a heating problem because I printed 3164 just fine a few months earlier but I cannot remember the setting.

Now I print on 30C pre 40C print and 50C post (86F-104F-122F) and room temp is 18C/64F

Tried standard vacuum instead of strong and only 2 pinch rollers on the ends, this helps somewhat but does not eliminate the problem.

Bidir settings are fine as the problem is present only on wavy parts, other parts are fine.

Someone got an idea of what temperatures should I use? Is there a rule of thumb for temperatures for different medias ?

What printer are you using?

that seems pretty warm....i use (pre) 33 (print) 34 and 47 (post)....
a little less post on banner materials etc....[/QUOTE

Yep in the meantime I fount 30-30-40 works just fine. I was afraid on lower temps my ink will not cure, but it seems solid.

Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's going to be different for everyone but the general rule is, go as hot as you can without buckling. For me, on regular calendared vinyl, that temp is usually 33 pre 35 plat and 50 post.

It's going to be different for everyone but the general rule is, go as hot as you can without buckling. For me, on regular calendared vinyl, that temp is usually 33 pre 35 plat and 50 post.

Thanks, I just read that bn20 has a fixed temp of 35 C so I guess this is a good starting point.