• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing United This week.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Here is our Crew getting ready for you to visit our booth and see what production flatbed printing and automation is all about. Actually Manufactured in the USA, the TruFire LTX2 by Digitech the most Productive true flatbed on the planet and can hit ANY level of Quality you will ever see with the Kyocera heads with a 4 pl smallest dot size in its greyscale capabilities. Drop by Booth C-324 and say HI. See you there! PU 24 2.jpeg PU 24 3.jpeg PU 24 5.jpeg

AlsEU

the TruFire LTX2 by Digitech the most Productive true flatbed on the planet
Well, the former Inca Onset X3HS (now it's Agfa Onset Grizzly X3HS) is also a true flatbed and its printing speed is up to 15000 sqft/h (1450 sqm/h). It's a little bit more than your 4000 sqft/h... I don't want to compare these two printers, as Onset is probably much more expensive, but "the most productive true flatbed" seems to sound too optimistic ;-)
Even the slowest version - Onset X1 - prints up to 6600 sqft/h. Math is cruel sometimes...
Of course, I don't want to say that your printer is bad, I'm sure it's very good and it's a real workhorse.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
See you there! Yes the Incas are faster, but it’s just not the same category of printer. Troy, Patrick and the team and Digitech have a platform to be proud of.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Should try and go next year, I want to find a US made printer that isn't just a modified HosonSoft system in a fancy (or crappy) cabinet I can recommend to those weird customers have enough money to replace their stuff with new machines. Though, most vendor get weird when I pull out screwdrivers and want to look under the hood. Heard some good stuff on the DigiTech, but not seen one in person.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well, the former Inca Onset X3HS (now it's Agfa Onset Grizzly X3HS) is also a true flatbed and its printing speed is up to 15000 sqft/h (1450 sqm/h). It's a little bit more than your 4000 sqft/h... I don't want to compare these two printers, as Onset is probably much more expensive, but "the most productive true flatbed" seems to sound too optimistic ;-)
Even the slowest version - Onset X1 - prints up to 6600 sqft/h. Math is cruel sometimes...
Of course, I don't want to say that your printer is bad, I'm sure it's very good and it's a real workhorse.
Not even comparable:

Dimatix Spectra™ Printheads​

Deliver exceptional drop placement accuracy and reliability. Uses the 14-picolitre printhead and the white 40-picolitre recirculating printhead to provide optimum print speed and quality.

parrott

How easy is it change materials from corrugated, acrylic, ACM, wood, etc? The Digitech is going to be a fraction of the cost of the Onset. Not even factoring in service contract…..

AlsEU

How easy is it change materials from corrugated, acrylic, ACM, wood, etc? The Digitech is going to be a fraction of the cost of the Onset. Not even factoring in service contract…..
Remove the corrugated and put the acrylic on the table - that's all. In my first post, I wrote that I knew the cost difference. And I know that 15000 sqft/h is more than 4000, so it's not "the most productive true flatbed". That's my point.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Remove the corrugated and put the acrylic on the table - that's all. In my first post, I wrote that I knew the cost difference. And I know that 15000 sqft/h is more than 4000, so it's not "the most productive true flatbed". That's my point.
You are comparing a machine that prints 4pl to 14pl. The image fidelity on the trufire is significantly better than the inca

parrott

Do you run/own either of these machines or have any experience with either of them?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I got sample prints from both the trufire and agfa printers and went with agfa as I felt it had a better print quality. All subjective.
Ha, that means you didn't get true samples... I can guarantee the TruFire will look better than the Agfa based on the Drop Size. Also the ink used in the TruFire is probably one of the widest gamuts I've seen second only to the SwissQ printers.

JBurton

Signtologist
Should try and go next year, I want to find a US made printer that isn't just a modified HosonSoft system in a fancy (or crappy) cabinet I can recommend to those weird customers have enough money to replace their stuff with new machines. Though, most vendor get weird when I pull out screwdrivers and want to look under the hood. Heard some good stuff on the DigiTech, but not seen one in person.
ISA is better for this, plenty more places to hide until they close up the exhibit hall for the afternoon, like in the bucket of a boom truck...

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
ISA is better for this, plenty more places to hide until they close up the exhibit hall for the afternoon, like in the bucket of a boom truck...
Think they'll notice when those big 16 head machines only have 2 heads? I could go for a crate of Gen6's about now.