• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Wraps

mbarden

Hi Folks,
When printing Wraps are you using 8 pass or 16 pass? I am just curious because it is taking about 45 minutes per panel and I would like to speed that time up if possible.
Thanks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co

cdiesel

We typically print them using the RIPC profiles on standard (not sure if they're available on your SP or not), but it prints a six foot panel in about 10 minutes.

jasonx

Mike,

I had your printer and now a XJ640 with the RIPC profiles.

I wouldn't start messing around with the profiles. I found reducing the number of passes within the specific profile say Avery 1005 will give you inconsistent results because you don't have enough ink going down. I used to get kind of discoloration not banding but patches where it seems like the ink hadn't gone down completely.

You can up your head speed to 1000 to get some more speed.

Are you printing uni-directional?

mbarden

Thanks Guys,
Printing bi directional. What is a RIPC profile? Getting tired of waiting.
Oh well got other things to do as well.
Thanks Folks
MB

cdiesel

RIPC is the Roland Intelligent Pass Control, where the machine lays down LC and LM in both directions to help with the inherent banding created by bidirectional printing. I guess it wouldn't be available on the SP as it's a 4 color machine, but I thought it was..
You should be able to print using the PCV2 profile on standard and get about 100sf per hour. I believe that is 8 pass.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
8 pass is plenty for a wrap. The problem is you bought the SP540 and its not the speed demon workhorse like Rolands other machines. Just learn to mutitask and set your internal clock to check the printer every 3 to 5 minutes.

dolce05

those new profiles suck for the vp540 anyway....way too much ink...especially when it rolls up on the takeup reel.

SP I heard has updates so it prints faster....but either way its a sloooooow machine.