• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem in SignLab after cutting

ngigena

I have a problem in SignLab 7, I cannot use a file after I've sent it to cut.
When I go back to the file it gets blocked. I can't use any tool, even the Selection tool seems to be bloqued. It doesn't matter if I cut one or many elements, the only way I can use the file again is by closing SignLab and open it again.
My configuration is:
- SignLab 7.0 Rev 1
- Plotter Roland CAMM-1 CX-24
- PC with Windows XP SP2
Any idea/suggestion/advice?
Thanks in advance, Ng.

It sounds as if you have one of those dongle-free packages (aka: bootleg). That is a common and known problem (for years) to which there is absolutely no solution (if that is in fact what you have). It will allow you to work but there is no way you will ever get it to output any files to the plotter.

Still assuming that someone sold you a "jacked" copy, the best money-saving avenue would be to throw it in the trash and buy one of two OEM versions of SignLab. Ordway sells SignLab OE, and Accugraphic sells Klik-n-Kut (KNK).

Both are real versions of SignLab and work extremely well. Excellent alternatives when you are on a budget.

If you DO actually have a licensed version of SignLab, email Cadlink and they will respond back to you.