• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with color output

chevylane

Happy Monday everyone,

Im trying to reproduce a decal that was outsourced in the past but I cant seem to get the color right. Ive used the same file so I know the color is right before it is sent to the printer, and i'm using the correct ICC profile. What else am i missing? Ive attached a photo of my predicament, the decal on top is the correct color and my attempt is below. Any help would be amazing, thanks.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00384.jpg
    DSC00384.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 138

chevylane

Thanks for the quick responses. We have a roland sp540i and versaworks. The eps. file used was the same for both but I cant be sure if the material is exactly the same. Im wondering if the colors need to be adjusted in versa works right before i print? It just seems like the variance in the blues is way off

AF

To match the other printer is a non-trivial task. Different medusa hols different amounts of ink which affects saturation. Profiles are a beast in and of themselves. Rendering intents could be different too. Since the blue background needs to closely match, an option would be to read the Lab value of the original print with a Spector and print a swatch chart to find the closest match from your printer. The. Replace the blue with chosen color.