• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Onyx profile

bovegas

I have Gerber Solara UV2 flatbed. It has 6 channels, CMYK plus Violet and Green. Gerber stooped selling ink for this printer. I have found that Fuji makes ink for them but Green and Violet were special order for Gerber, so I can only buy CMYK. So I decided to make CMYK profile in onyx. I have I1 so after I made it I am having problem with image. It looks like in attachment. I don't know why is this. I have choose for select process colors for rendering images CMYK and ink setup CMYK. I have tried to use CMYKRB for rendering images but i get warning "This setup can only be used with separations". I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I was reading patches a lot of them were off. Is that the reason I got bad image or something else. Onyx gave me warning that there were patches that were off but it says it fixed them automatically. I have tried to change color space to CMYK before inputing images to onyx but results were the same. Thanks a lot for any input

Attachments

• onyx.jpg
    onyx.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 93
I would love to help, but I have never worked with that printer, nor have I attempted to change ink sets to fool the RIP into not using certain channels. Sorry I can't be of more help.

bovegas

In Onyx software there is option to choose diferent ink sets, which I did. I have changed CMYKGV to CMYK and than I created profile using I1. For some reason phot looks like in attachment above. I dont know why