• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Oracal 651 sticking to transfer tape

twocents

Hello all! I am having some issues with my dark blue oracal 651 vinyl. I am using GT clear transfer tape, medium tack. The same tape I am using for all my other colors of Oracal 651 without problems, but the dark blue no matter what does not stick to the transfer tape. Has anyone else had this issue with colors? I rubbed both sides very hard with the squeegee and it still does not come up. When I try to peel it by hand it easily comes off and is sticky and the vinyl seems perfect. Got the tape from H&H and I did hear they were having some issues but they have yet to respond to me. I ordered some high tack today so I hope it comes in soon, and I hope that works. Messed me up bad bc I sold quite a few decals with this tape, and now have complaints coming in like crazy :(

GVP

Personally I dislike clear tape, but one thing that might help. Try placing the decal face down and peeling the backing paper away from the vinyl in a rolling action. Quite often this works better than trying to peel the decal off the paper.

twocents

Tried a roll of paper tape I had earlier and same thing, just tried it face down now and still this sucker will not lift :(

Mosh

I have been using Transfer-rite for 25 years....

+ on laying the graphic face down and peel the liner away....We do this at our shop and call it "pre-peeling". We do it on all cut vinyl that is going to be applied outside of the shop, makes install go much easier.

twocents

I have been using Transfer-rite for 25 years....

+ on laying the graphic face down and peel the liner away....We do this at our shop and call it "pre-peeling". We do it on all cut vinyl that is going to be applied outside of the shop, makes install go much easier.

Thanks I will try it out, must be less wrinkles than this clear stuff for sure :)