• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems Roland Vg3 cyan

filipa leite

Good morning group
I need some help, my roland since I bought it the cyan has never come out uniform, it always comes out scratched, although the technician has already done numerous alignments and the nozzle check is perfect, a technician told me about a failure of the roland, due to the cyan paint being too abrasive ruins the head, have you had the same problem?
I am also having problems with the black on a vinyl that I use, for the motocross stickers, the black is not uniform. Note if there are always white spots on the vinyl, what could it be? lack of temperature? or the profile? or another problem? I really appreciate your help!!

filipa leite

the blue one cannot be seen through the image, but I send the black one
IMG_20230803_124524.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you played around with profiles, heat, speed, uni vs. bi - directional? Also that photo is very blurry and hard to make out. Would you also have a nozzle test?

filipa leite

black only looks like this on a specific vinyl, on generic vinyl it looks good, it looks better with speed than with quality but my biggest problem is the cyan
the print is not regular, it always has scratches as if it were problems in the head, but the nozzle checks are perfect
1691066927129988490842950431798.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Doesn't really look like there are any issues with the nozzles. I'd need to see a photo of the cyan to know for sure, but you might just need to play around with settings if it's only that one media that is causing issues. Also, are you certain that media is compatible with Eco-Solvent?

weyandsign

When you say scratched, do you mean banding? Cyan seems to be a problem with newer Rolands in my opinion. I think the problem is caused by the damper.

filipa leite

Doesn't really look like there are any issues with the nozzles. I'd need to see a photo of the cyan to know for sure, but you might just need to play around with settings if it's only that one media that is causing issues. Also, are you certain that media is compatible with Eco-Solvent?
No, cyan is a problem on all vinyls

The problem with the black is that it happens on the vinyl of susbtance and yes is conpatible, but i put ir on standard instead of high quality and i put the temperature Higher and it improved

filipa leite

No, cyan is a problem on all vinyls

The problem with the black is that it happens on the vinyl of susbtance and yes is conpatible, but i put ir on standard instead of high quality and i put the temperature Higher and it improved
In This photo if you zoom in you can see

Attachments

• IMG_20230803_172409.jpg
    IMG_20230803_172409.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 88

somcalmetim

My VG2 printed great black on just the Generic Vinyl profile but on the VG3 Generic Vinyl Profile the black is very Dark Grey with tiny little white specks still visible...
As ushe 3M doesn't have a profile for my CMMYKLKORGR inkset (use mostly 180c) so I found/am using the Arlon Graphics LLC Fusion Wrap profile and the black coverage is nice and even...its not quite as thick as the VG2 black coverage but acceptable till I do more testing...try the Arlon Profile, the ink coverage was totally different than the new Generic Vinyl profile.

Last edited:

filipa leite

My VG2 printed great black on just the Generic Vinyl profile but on the VG3 Generic Vinyl Profile the black is very Dark Grey with tiny little white specks still visible...
As ushe 3M doesn't have a profile for my CMMYKLKORGR inkset (use mostly 180c) so I found/am using the Arlon Graphics LLC Fusion Wrap profile and the black coverage is nice and even...its not quite as thick as the VG2 black coverage but acceptable till I do more testing...try the Arlon Profile, the ink coverage was totally different than the new Generic Vinyl profile.
the problem is the colors, we work a lot with specific colors because of the plastics on the moto, I've tried other profiles and I never managed to get the colors I wanted. Do you think that if I make a profile from scratch I will solve the black problem?