• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Produced graphics storage ideas

ryleylamarsh

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone had any really cool ideas for storage of finished graphics. Example would be masked graphics or produced vehicle graphics. Something that uses a small footprint.

Would LOVE to see some photos of your storage techniques!

My idea was to make wide shelves along a wall with 4 inch gaps. Hoping to keep graphics flat for the most part.

JBurton

Signtologist
How long are you storing stuff?
Cut vinyl, I keep unmasked until the sign is here and ready, the mask absorbs humidity rapidly, so the less time spent masked the better. For traveling to jobsite, I made some oversized 'portfolios' out of coroplast, tape 3 sides, slide them in and out.
Printed vinyl, keep it rolled until ready to apply, we don't sit on a lot of prints, so that's easy to find a corner for. For stuff that gets mask, we leave a bit past the weed border for better adhesion to the mask, only problem is removing it with a square cut in the field can be a pain if you really don't want to pull it off your surface afterward.
Cabinets go on a junk trailer that is effectively a dolly, roll it under the overhead lift, pick the one you want, drive out from under.
Instead of clothespins (I've never typed that word, feels wrong), use binder clips, harder clamp and more surface area.

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
I used to make large cardboard sleeves to put graphics in. Kind of like a portfolio to keep artwork in, but larger.
Keeps them flat and safe. These were vehicle graphics that were cut, weeded and taped.

JBurton

Signtologist
Oh boy, looking at 2B's suggestion, I found this dude:
CosyRack-Easy-Reach-L_folienwandhalterung_werbetechnik_yellotools.jpg

My god, this is exactly what I've been wanting, some horizontal racking system that releases when you lift, so you don't have to unthread a pipe or try to support a roll with one hand. Now do I buy one or spend several hours cutting and testing parts?

Hunter74

Spare Parts
4'x8' sheet metal panels mounted to the wall vertically. I've used everything from bar magnets to multiple clipboard clamps to hang prints. That way you're at most, doing a couple of soft accordion folds for prints longer than your ceiling height. I made up some magnetic dry erase panels that I could put as a job ID.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
When the last place I was at got out of screen printing, we heisted a couple of their drying racks like these to use for graphics.
Ours took up some real estate (they do come in different sizes), but we had the room. You can store a lot of graphics flat on on these, I think ours had like 50 shelves. All spring loaded, can access any shelf. plus they're on wheels.
If you do a lot... They rock.

AWT_Racks_DR80-50_Loaded__24851.1487979065.1280.1280_1024x736.jpg

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
we have a couple of these. the other one has the graphics laying flat on it but i cant get a picture of it. these are the same shelves in home depot and lowes

Attachments

• 20240725_140918.jpg
    20240725_140918.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 55

White Haus

Not a Newbie
This is what we use.... lateral filing cabinet with folders marked w/ part numbers etc by customer for smaller stuff.

Larger stuff gets stored in flat filing cabinets.

Anything that doesn't fit in those gets rolled or packed flat and stored in random locations throughout the shop.... :rolleyes:

The trick just becomes keeping it organized and purging old parts/extras after a certain time. Something that is much needed here and on my list of things to tackle soon.

Attachments

• Part Storage.jpg
    Part Storage.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 54