• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Product Labels

psbc2009

I have a customer who would like custom product labels printed and cut.
Normally I use oracal 3165, however it is somewhat difficult for the end user to apply at times without wrinkles etc. Without laminating or masking is there a adhesive backed material out there that would be easier for the end user. These prints have alot of ink coverage which does not help.
Thanks.

J

john1

Any 3M film with comply adhesive (air channels) would work. I just started using IJ35C and it works wonders. I think a 30"x150' roll is only $133 at grimco if I'm not mistaken

Rooster

I just use the straight IJ35 for labels. No air release and no issues.

I find it's the best I've used for maintaining edge adhesion on heavy coverage decals. Larger sizes the air-release would definitely help the customer out with the RTA stuff, but then you run the risk of them not liking the texture it leaves behind (even if it goes away). Besides the more they screw up the installs the more likely they'll pay to have it done (or pay for the replacements).

psbc2009

In the Grimco catalog it looks like IJ35C only comes in 54" IJ35-10,-20 etc. come in 30" unless I am not seeing it :omg:

J

john1

You gotta call and ask for it. Whats in catalogs are always the best sellers.