• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile for Paper?

Conor Knoxx

RE: Value Jet 1204

anyone have a good / general profile they use for printing on paper?

I'm getting great results on all my different media's except paper, which is very good, except...

the black goes .. well.. funny. Not a nice solid fill, like other colors, almost like a "salt shaker effect" if that makes sense?... tiny little white specs come through all over the black areas. Navy blue, reds.. all seem fine (noted the same on a dark brown patch though.. ) I've tried different heat settings to no effect.

However, I'm just trying different "vinyl" profiles to print on the paper, since I haven't found any profiles specifically for paper.

Anyone else seen this problem?

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Try a 4/c black with the paper 50, 20, 20, 100. Ink Limits are higher because the ink is being absorbed more than a coated stock.

Bogie

Did he say coated or uncoated paper?

When I was printing on some coated photo paper, I had to back the ink limits down to the 20s...

Conor Knoxx

Did he say coated or uncoated paper?

When I was printing on some coated photo paper, I had to back the ink limits down to the 20s...

actually...
I didn't say.
But I'm pretty sure its coated, in fact, I thought it had to be, for the eco-sol inks?

(I'll go dig up my invoice, just to be sure)

Conor Knoxx

Thanks Randya,

the attached links seem to be broken / dead, but I'll try navigating there right from Mutoh's site. Looks like a good plan, anyway!

:thankyou:

Bogie

Well, there's "slick" photo paper, and there's the stuff with more of a matte finish. And then there's the stuff that looks like, well, paper...

With both the glossy and matte, I had to back the ink limits WAY down...

grafixhenk

I never had much luck printing on paper with my Mutoh. Glad I just bought some large format inkjets. After printing with an 8 color inkjet it puts my Mutoh paper prints to shame.

Bogie

True - My Epson 9800 won't play outside with the solvent printers, but you can't beat the quality for indoor stuff. And since quality is what we're selling...

Idea Design

I've been trying to get the diamond shield profiles off of mutoh's site also... they claim really good results with them, but they are unavailable.

I googled diamond shield and found this site with all of the profiles:

http://www.gmintl.com/mutohdiamondshield.html

Good Luck. I just got my ValueJet 1204, and I'm slowly figuring it out, I think.

randya

mad dog graphics,

Please pm me with what you see at the Mutoh link I provided, so I can see if I can fix it. We have just swapped servers from Linux to Windows and I am still sorting out addresses.

The files can be found on the ftp server as well.

http://www2.mutoh.com/public/

or

ftp.mutoh.com

Bogie

Okay - tried printing an image from Flexi to my Epson last night... Dunno where they got their profile (which was for the paper chosen), but someone musta been being awfully creative. Used WAY too much ink for the dense black stuff... If you're using Flexi, I'm guessing you really oughta try backing your ink limits down...

Next batch is gonna run just from Photochop...