• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

proyecto conversión vs640 to uv inks

ezequiel

printer desing
Hello, as the title says, I took as a project to convert an old vs 640 into UV inks.
the project tries to use the CMYK CL ML MT W system
The main idea is to replace the MT with a Clrear Gloss.
The secondary idea is to go further and use double White and convert the Cl and Ml into Gloss.
At first I have some doubts that I would like to share to see if you can help me.
1 the device has firm 4.3, it is not accepted by versaworks 6
Did the most recent versions bring some type of limitation regarding conversions or ink types? I'm not sure if updating would help me for this project.

2 I can't get it back to its 8 ink color state, it only gives me the pig4 and unknow options. Would a factory reset solve this?
I found documentation on how to go to dual cmyk but nothing on how to go back to cmyk+m+w.

3 I'm not familiar with the versaworks rip. Is it possible to dictate that a flat color be printed only with a specific ink? example x spot color 100% Cl.

I listen to opinions and suggestions and as the project evolves I will upload images to inspire other users not to discard but to reconvert our equipment.
thank you