• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about conditions

jimmmi

Hello, i have a CE5000. If i choose in Cutting Master to use conditions from software, still the cutter uses the conditions set to lcd. Meaning i cannot override cutter's conditions. Any recommendations?

Hello, i have a CE5000. If i choose in Cutting Master to use conditions from software, still the cutter uses the conditions set to lcd. Meaning i cannot override cutter's conditions. Any recommendations?

On the cutter front panel > menu set the Condition Priority to Program

jimmmi

I checked the cutter and also the manual and unfortunately didn't find anything like priority

JimmyG

Yes it does...the ce5000 manual tells which setting to choose for which Manual or Command priority...

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/CE5000/CE5000-UM-153EGG.pdf

Section 5.1 "Descriptions of Special Function A"
4th paragraph down "Setting Priority" - choose COMD (COMMAND) from menu instead of Manual...page 5-2
Actual chart on page 5-4 of manual Section 5.2 Step 1, 3rd block down from top using GP-GL command mode...

If I recall correctly Cuting Master uses GP-GL.

jimmmi

Yes it does...the ce5000 manual tells which setting to choose for which Manual or Command priority...

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/CE5000/CE5000-UM-153EGG.pdf

Section 5.1 "Descriptions of Special Function A"
4th paragraph down "Setting Priority" - choose COMD (COMMAND) from menu instead of Manual...page 5-2
Actual chart on page 5-4 of manual Section 5.2 Step 1, 3rd block down from top using GP-GL command mode...

If I recall correctly Cuting Master uses GP-GL.

Yes cutting master uses GPGL. So what i need to change is the command option. I will test it. The only con i found in cutting master conditions is that is not possible to set offset of the blade

JimmyG

I also use other software so I set my offset on machine and leave it unless I'm cutting sandblast material. Even with Cutting Master, if the offset command is not used it will default to what is set on the machine in another different menu section for the Cutter-Pen Conditions. I have my different offsets programmed and set along with my tool, knife, pen, 15U knife selections (Section 3.3 of the manual).

JimmyG

In Cutting Master 4 you can set up driver option presets to help you control knife offset, speed, quality, down force, etc.along with software control of Pen- Knife Conditions (1-8) as setup on machine menu section.
So, I use 4 presets for my 9U knife with different settings for certain materials, 2 presets for 15U knife, and 2 pen presets.
It looks like in CM4 that you can name your driver option presets and use them accordingly...