• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about internet security programs

My internet security recently expired so I renewed and have been waiting for a new license number to be e-mailed to me (AVG). They are 4 days in doing so and of course I got some viruses on my computer. To make a long story short, I called the guy I use for computer problems to help me out and he got all the viruses off except that now we can't even install even the free version of AVG (yes, I e-mailed their tech support..no phone # to call and their support is non-existent) we checked to make sure all old AVG were removed.
He was able to install Panda on it but it interfered with my Mutoh TCPI/IP port and I couldn't print so I un-installed Panda and printing resumed as normal.
Anyway, has anyone had a similar experience? Does the TCP/IP address on the printer have anything to do with the internet security programs not installing?
I checked my Windows firewall and it is turned off.
Any help would be very appreciated!:smile:
Thanks

jiarby

he didn't get rid of everything....

malwarebytes

better to post your hijackthis log in one of the bazillion pc support forums.