• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Queston about how to prepare a template for printing?

francisco2525

I recently ordered some 8.5 by 14 flyers for a menu from colorfxweb, I wanted to try them out. I made sure all the pictures were high resolution, so once printed they would come out clear and nice. I used their template (colorfxweb.com), but for some reason all the pictures came out with a very low resolution look once printed. Once I saw the prints, I looked at the pdf files and I noticed that on those pdf files, the quality of the pictures were also very low. I then created my own templates with my illustrator and on those the quality at 300 dpi was very clear and nice. I have been doing this for 10 years, and this is the first time I have encountered this.

I called the company and sent them both templates, theirs and mine, and they me that their press department didnt see any difference...But on my computer they don't look the same. I also downloaded other templates and placed postcards on them, and all of them also had a low resolution.

I guess I am trying to find out what is going on. See if any of you have encountered the same problem.