• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R-Tape 4761RLA- anyone seen it?

Gene@mpls

I saw it in one of the trade mags and tried to get a sample -it is for masking
air release vinyl- they only sell it by the skid- to selected customers.
I for one need this product- we sell a *lot* of cut air release because it is
easy for customers to apply- and we have to tape the corners so they don't
stick together and to everything else. Gene

Malkin

I got a sample roll of the Transfer-Rite version from American Biltrite (AirMask), and it DID lay flat, but it didn't stick to the release liner any better than our usual R-Tape Conform 4075-RLA.

I saw a technique the other day, whereby the vinyl company left unweeded vinyl around the edge, and the transfer tape stuck to that just fine. Of course the customer needs to know to trim it before sticking.

J

john1

I got a sample roll of the Transfer-Rite version from American Biltrite (AirMask), and it DID lay flat, but it didn't stick to the release liner any better than our usual R-Tape Conform 4075-RLA.

I saw a technique the other day, whereby the vinyl company left unweeded vinyl around the edge, and the transfer tape stuck to that just fine. Of course the customer needs to know to trim it before sticking.

Yeah but to me that looks crappy.

Sucks they only sell it by the skid, Been buying Rtape since 2005.....Think they would open it up to normal everyday customers.