• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R-Tape's Claritex Polycarbonate Film....Opinions Please!

ZsVinylInc

Hey everyone! How are we doing tonight? Great I hope. So here is the deal. I am getting ready to do some in store POP for a customer of mine. They want a roughly 2' x 6' sign to hang from their drop ceiling. A little ways back I had received a sample of R-tape's Claritex Digital Print Polycarbonate for Eco-Solvent Printers. It was a 10 mil sample(already printed on) of 95% Opaque White Velvet/Matte. I think this would be a great product as they don't want the ability to change anything going on it plus this stuff is very light weight and direct print on.

So I am wondering if anyone has used this at all yet and what your experience with it has been so far. Pros? Cons? What type of temperatures are you running it on when printing being as I haven't been able to find any information on this on the web site. Anyone run it on an SP-540V or similar machine? Have you tried to laminate it at all like they say you can? What were the results of that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Big Z

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will save you alot of headache: Use a 10Mil adhesive polycarbonate laminate over your print, dont print directly onto printable polycarb. Its more expensive to coat it for printing then it is to apply an adhesive to the polycarb. PM your costs and I will show you how to do that application for less while still using polycarb.

ZsVinylInc

Just curious if anyone else might have some info to add or experience to share that they have had with this product.