• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

race car numbers

Driving Force

Every year I go through this little dilema. Does anyone have any favorite fonts that work for cool race car numbers? Usually I just look at a bunch of racecar pictures, find something I like and draw something kind of like it. I would think that a lot of them had to at least start out as fonts, but I sure have a hard time finding cool looking number sets in my font catalogue. Anyone have any others suggestions as to where to get some good ideas???

grafxxx

i tried to use different fonts for some bike guys and some drift cars but they where all "it's has to be bold simple numbers". and the bikes i had put a#1 <like this then they told me that only the #1 guy canhave that type of number and the others had to have a straight line for the #1 if that makes any sense.

Just Me

i draw almost all of my numbers free hand, its the best way. Unique looking. Draw with a pencil, then a fine tip pen then scan in and clean it up, pretty simple. good luck~

Aardy54@54-Design

most tracks, from racing karts to IMSA modifieds still have a base requirement about type, style, size, and display of numbers - this is because of human interaction of scoring - yes most tracks have computerized scoring BUT also have 2-3 people also scoring in case of the electronic scoring system malfunctioning. Bold, Contrasting, Simple to read is most often the best if you can convince your client as to the whys stated above.
(most stock car tracks require min of 18" tall numbers - some are 18"min on sides & 22" min on roof, karts are usually 7" tall, if that helps any)