• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

race shop logo

modernmav

here is a new logo I am working on for a friends shop. What do you guys think so far?

Attachments

• YonkeProof1.jpg
    YonkeProof1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 117

SignManiac

Does that read Yonke or Gonke? If I have to ask, you might want to reconsider your font choice. Oh and the checkered flag under the name is a bit to much against the red and black.

square1

What about possibly searching through letterheadfonts.com to find something a little bit more edgy?

Great concept though. Keep up the good work.

Steve

modernmav

thanks steve,
here is attempt #2, changed the fonts to try and match more and got rid of the checkers as they're not really necissary.

Attachments

• YonkeProof2.jpg
    YonkeProof2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 79

gnatt66

i don't mind the checkers at all...esp at a race shop. most any race shop clients will LOVE it too...its all about the sign's audience, imo.

the fonts are wonky though. keep working at it, trying different fonts.

Last edited:

SignManiac

Stick with Black and White initially so you don't have contrast issues and think simpler and create interest with contrasting fonts.

Attachments

• Yonke Racing.jpg
    Yonke Racing.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Yonke Racing-02.jpg
    Yonke Racing-02.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 89

modernmav

I like that one SignManiac, what font is that? here was my next attempt for the same one but i'll try back to black in white

Attachments

• YonkeProof3.jpg
    YonkeProof3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 91

SignManiac

I like that one SignManiac, what font is that? here was my next attempt for the same one but i'll try back to black in white

It's a Letterhead Font. Go have a look at it. I could tell you the name but you would be better off finding it there yourself and discovering all of the many good fonts that are out there. You'll learn more that way than if someone else does it for you.

Good fonts are an investment, not an expense. Why use the same MS publisher fonts that everyone else uses? Strive to be different.