• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink bad dll file

OneTrickPony

Had a pretty severe storm roll through and took the power out long enough for my UPS to die, which took my computer down over the weekend.

Started the computer up, had some sector issues on the hard drive, finally got it running and Rasterlink 6 for our 6042HG gives an error message of a missing dll file and it won't open.

I installed Rasterlink again and it pulled in all my jobs that were in the queue (I keep a lot of files there because my work is repeat work, as well as back up most of the important ones using backup/restore to deal with those).

The problem I'm having is when I look at the settings, it seems to have the right color profile listed but some other Profile name.

It's showing " UJF60428CLH1004C_PET_F104932.icc" for the profile.

I know that's wrong. In the Quality setting, for media, it lists "White PET Gloss" and that's my only choice. I never used that profile, but it appears to be missing the profiles I was using.

The problem I'm having is I have no idea what profile was set up, because the machine has been running for years without any changes. Not only do I not know what profile I need, I don't know where to get the right one or how to get it to show up into the menu.

I'm running CMYKCPWW and mostly print on white or clear items. I know I've seen the profile over the years but I have no idea what it was called. I might know if it I saw it but I'm not sure I would.

Any suggestions? It's a problem because I print the same items for the same customer for years, so any changes to a profile is going to cause me substantial issues.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Here's a link to the profile page for you machine. Mimaki hides it. https://mimaki.com/product/inkjet/i-flat/ujf-6042/download.html

This is where techs get the profiles they set machines up with usually so the one you were using should be in there. Might have to do some trial and error. Just keep in mind that Mimaki doesn't include the spot colors in the color set so you would want to choose from the CMYK section even though you're CMYKCLSWW.