• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re-clearcoating a trailer?

Patentagosse

Here's one I need your opinion on. I have this guy coming to my shop this morning with his new rig he wants to put graphics & letters on before the end of the month. We agreed on price and he dropped a deposit. I walk out to take some measurements and pictures but to find out the trailer his badly faded. In fact, colors are good but the clearcoat is turning matte everywhere and tent to start craking a li'l on some spots. I know the unit has been wrapped by a company that uses liquid laminate (fleet) on their prints. The black spots are kinda dark gray due to fading so I suggest him to "re-clear" the trailer in order to extend the durability and bring back some luster to match the tractor. My graphics will be laminated with gloss film (Oracal 290 or Avery 1460).

Have you ever considered / tested such a job? I won't be doing it, client will, using a foam roller probably... I offer to supply the material after I've done some researches and asked the question on this forum.

Here's a shot of the unit. 'Waiting your inputs
:thankyou:

Attachments

• LHM_new-unit.jpg
    LHM_new-unit.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 112

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
To be clear, the job you agreed to do was wrap over the previous wrap? Without seeing the previous wrap? Removal not an option? Vinyl is rated for specific periods of time for many reasons. Just wrapping over them isn't recommended for the most part.

Scott Reynolds

Sounds like he is doing the truck, not the trailer. He is asking about the owner rolling clear on the trailer wrap to get a few extra years out of the graphics. I think.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I read it as your putting graphics on the tractor part correct. As for the old graphics on the the trailer, try reclearing it but your gonna want to use same material. Do you know what they use? Clear Shield, Frog Juice?