• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reading registration marks on Substance chrome material

patrickj75

I've been printing on the Substance chrome and holographic material. I have an FC8600 cutter. It reads the marks fine on the holographic material and cuts pretty accurate but has a lot of trouble on the chrome material. When I watch the cutting head read the registration marks
it looks like it doesn't go all the way over them like it does on regular white material. I was thinking maybe I need to put white vinyl around the registration marks so it will read them easier.

JBurton

Signtologist
You may also try small sections of matte or satin laminate, or the matte/clear scotch tape that's on sale right about now...

jharler

JBurton does what I do. I have some small squares of matte laminate cut out and waiting to put over registration marks when my FC9000 has trouble reading the marks. I've also used the matte scotch tape with good results as well.

MrDav3C

I usually cut the registration marks off a different readable print which I have been using and stick them over the top of the ones that the printer / cutter can't read, saves creating anything extra if we can use what we already have.