• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ready To Tear My Eyes Out ..help Graphtec Cutter

DONDIRTBIKER

Hopefully someone can help me as im ready to scream, im trying to do some contour cutting, i am using flexi 7.6 and printing to a mimaki jv3 and cutting on a vinyl express q-160(graphtec). prints fine ,put the print in cutter and input the commands needed to prepare the cutter. hit origin and then hit send on the computer, get the command to align the blade and hit okay, nothing happens and i get a "read port command" so im thinking it supposed to read the registration marks before i hit ok on the computer--any idea why its not reading the registration marks? what am i doing wrong..its will cut out the shape but in a different orientation and thats after the error and i hit send again.
i will gladly pay someone for there time and help on this ..please someone before i go nuts..
don
810-523-8261

thanks all in advance:banghead:

DONDIRTBIKER

Still No Go ?

Tried your suggestion and still no go prowrap.
any other ideas anybody..is there a way to set the cutter back to the default settings...

Bill Modzel

I'm cutting with Graphtec's own CuttingMaster but may have a suggestion for you.
Load your vinyl in carefully as close to square with the plotter as possible. Hit the load button and let it go through it's paces. Manually, move the cutting blade into the registration mark. Do NOT hit the origin button which resets the plotter to what it thinks the edge of the vinyl is.
Just send the plot. It should read that first registration mark and than the other three and you should be in business.

midnightmadman

Was it reading and cutting before? If not and this is the first time trying to use the auto sensors, you may need to go into your menu and turn the feature on. Thats what happened to me with my brand new q100 last winter. I was going crazy and the tech walked me through it.