• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real Estate - Residential - not sign related

Stacey K

I like making signs
Houses for sale in my vicinity are about double the price of what Stacey posted above, at minimum. I've been looking for undeveloped acreage because the type of dwelling I want to build won't cost anywhere near half a million dollars. The market is disgusting and discouraging, so I'm just waiting. We have a massive abundance of realtors swarming around, with very low housing inventory. I hope they all leave soon and take their cheap signage budgets with them.
Just out of curiosity, what type of dwelling are you thinking? I would love to build a pole shed house.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Just out of curiosity, what type of dwelling are you thinking? I would love to build a pole shed house.
Kevin-Cyr-Camper-Bike-2-561x400.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Pole shed house. Is that like an Amish mortise and tendon building.
It's a barn, or a pole building turned into a living space. Sometimes its just a partial living space, shared with barn animals, or a shop.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We have a few people up here that have them. It's quite popular for people to build one in addition to their house also. They serve mostly as a shop space but have an attached living area, small kitchen and bathroom - like an extension of living space. Those that use it as their home often have the bedrooms in a loft area but they are drywalled, etc. so you cannot tell from the inside you are in a pole shed.

1680554922340.png
1680554938173.png
1680554954361.png

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
There's no lack of housing. The developers and realtors made the same nonsense claims during the last building boom. It creates a FOMO for the rubes to run out and buy overpriced houses and allows the developers to push through projects and zoning changes that the public object to. If there was such a shortage, why was there a glut of houses in 2008+ right after they spent years saying the opposite.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I could only dream of property that size. Average block size in Sydney is 380sq.m (0.1 acres) and would probably sell for over $500,000 here.
One of my kids lives in Melbourne and is a Permanent Resident. Its doubtful that he'll ever own a home there unless I chip in a significant amount for the down payment. Hopefully the exchange rate will stay around the $0.73 AUS range for a few more years. Meanwhile, my daughter lives in Toronto and has exactly the same problem with average house price of just over a million CDN.