• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent window splash ads

Craig Sjoquist

Did this 2nd set this week on Thursday 5 hrs ad size 4x8 ft.
Wanda's Auto Palace was gaining customers everyday since I painted 1st set last week & while I was there 3 came in account of ads, this store is half a block away from main road so this type of advertising is a must have.
1st set also shown on left side of all 4.

Attachments

• sept 11 14 007.JPG
    sept 11 14 007.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 158
  • sept 11 14 008.JPG
    sept 11 14 008.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 102
  • sept 11 14 011.JPG
    sept 11 14 011.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 99
  • sept 4 14 008.JPG
    sept 4 14 008.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 101
  • sept 4 14 007.JPG
    sept 4 14 007.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 100

Z SIGNS

Very Nice Craig !

It is refreshing to see this kind of work posted here.

It is work like this that inspired me 30 years ago to become a sign painter.

Thanks for the eye candy

John Butto

Great work

Always nice to see some real talent. Now you need to get Wanda some new sign faces in those cabinets.

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you for the nice comments.

This type of work is fun, because ya just draw something up on paper start making change to improve & go at it, since I lay a sheets of vinyl on window, then draw out layout on that, it becomes paint by numbers with a 3" roller, then outline & letter smaller copy, cut out the white vinyl unwanted & your done, collecting the check is easy because they realize the pure advertising value fairly quickly.

What a great bonus in life when you can be outside enjoying the day, do a few hours work, collect your due, have time to enjoy life like for me Kayaking these days.
Hand lettering signs has been good to me for 39 years so far, did not become rich, but certainly enjoyed life & the challenge of everyday, bonus you get out of what you do & still hope to do another 30 plus years.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The layouts and the grocery store splash lettering are journeyman work. You might want to work a bit on your single stroke alphabets, those samples shown here are not quite of the same caliber as the rest of the work. Don't force it, let the brush make the stroke.

Jillbeans

They look the way a window splash is supposed to look.
Hope they bring you in more business, Craig.
My one regular splash client is going out of business.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you & your correct Bob My single stroke has always lacked & since doing water base & realizing how much it lacked last few years I've been working at that more trying to find a comfort zone with brush & size of letter.

The black I used was Nova Color with a Mack #2962 a bit limited in sizes but with another series brush more are available, Nova Colors with Flotron as a thinner works real well, you can apply as thick or thin as ya want & go.