• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recharging ink lines

colirob

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help. MY Mutoh VJ 1304 recently stopped working after I did a printhead cleaning. I noticed that I was getting thin black steaks of ink across my jobs so I selected "head cleaning" from the menu. Halfway through cleaning it asks for the cleaning cartridges I went to put them in and realized that they were empty. I shut down the machine to exit the cleaning stage. When I started it back up it asked for the ink cartridges and started to preform an ink refill. I went to print a poster and got maybe 5% of the image showing. There was no pressure in my lines and during the cleaning nothing was emptying into the waste tank. I opened it up and came to the conclusion that is was the pump. I ordered a new pump and capping station, installed and watched the ink lines charge right away, except for the black. I ordered new cleaning cartridges and did a head cleaning, no movement from the black. I can blow air through the lines and black ink is spit onto the paper. Why will my black lines not charge?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Colin