• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendation Needed

tcq

Hi all looking for printer recommendation

Need to make 4x8 foot signs that are for outdoors and a short duration(40 days) These would be election signs. Each sign wouldn't necessarily be the same.

Was thinking of printing onto vinyl and placing it on coroplast. Maybe to keep capital costs down a small printer printing onto 24" wide vinyl. Then laying the two strips of vinyl down.

New to signs and signs101 and look forward to hearing responses.

Thanks in advance.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

most states you need to be union to make & print election advertising...some even local...reason being to get union support since this

so this being a first as you say any graphic experience

Edserv

For local politicians, we've printed vinyl and applied it to cp. But if you get a request for larger jobs, it may pay to buy the bulk wholesale through a vendor. We joined ASI briefly and now have hundreds of contacts. There are companies set-up to print tons of 18" x 24" yard signs for a fraction of what we can do it as smaller printers.
You may also be able to "up-sell" your contact on car magnets (we made hundreds of circular cut magnets at a fair price for a local state senator,) and also for other digital printing (car vinyl, posters, and even booklets/post cards if you have a nice digital copier/printer.)
But teaming up with an outsource for the bigger jobs is a nice way of making some quick cash for connecting the dots. We did a job last week (we only made about 15%, but it took maybe 15 minutes to place the re-sale order,) and if you have terms, it's like an interest free loan + profit. Just be careful that you choose the right vendors!
C
Edserv
Lets Go Banners

TheSnowman

Depending on if you decide to do it in house, or sub it out (which if it's a lot, it's probably what I'd do) I'd probably use Orajet 3621, print them out, and lay them down w/ the big squeegee.

Billct2

Recommendation Needed
"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

Attachments

• bluto-776723.jpg
    bluto-776723.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 95

jiarby

You are going to get crushed by flatbed folks that buy 10mil coro by the container.
good luck in this tough market!

If you are not doing enough volume then you should make friends with a local guy that does. You just sub, take your cut and move on.

24" printer to make 48" signs for a living sounds dumb. There was a guy here yesterday selling a Mutoh 1204 (54") for cheap...