• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red colors looking Grainy or mottled

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi all,
We purchased another mimaki and upgraded to Onyx 10. All of our old profiles will no longer work with the Onyx 10 because they are too old. I started using a new profile on my vinyl and it looks great, colors are bright and cheery. When i switch to my Magic 212 gram posterpaper however, and try to print something red- it looks grainy and speckled. All other colors look good. We had this problem previously with our other profile, but nothing this profound. So, i decided to try Magics profiles off of their website, they do print better- but I cant get the bright colors with it, im maxed out of 100% magenta and yellow. I did try some color curves etc on it but to no avail. I tried several other profiles and tried higher heat settings, higher passes, and uni directional. All look mottled. Any suggestions on a profile for a Jv3-160 s or sp for this particular material? I rip my stuff at 720, and on 8 pass and 16 pass depending on what im doing. Im at my wits end!! Its either I get my color and it looks mottled or it looks decent and dull. Ack!

mustafade

Not sure about this but have you checked to make sure you are CMYK artwork not RGB to begin with. Some times RGB to CMYK conversion may cause a problem you are describing.
Just a suggestion...!