• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Redesign of motorsport club logo

Haakon

Just wanted to swing this design-in-progress by you for some feedback maybe?

This is a redesign of a logo for a local motorsport club that have a 50/50 split between motocross and circuit car racing, so the design brief was to include a reference to both groups if a symbol were a part of the logo.

They are also in the process of building a whole new raceway (logo already made by someone else) and they wanted the club to have a proper logo as well. You can see the current one in the same pic as the track project logo.

I wanted to make a simple logo that would work well in a single colour, as well as multicoloured if they choose to go that route. Tried at first to make something that possibly linked to the track logo, but they came out very generic I think (the ones at the bottom. A pure typographical logo was also kind of boring.

So I made a logo with a symbol that incorporates faint design elements of both motocross bikes and race cars. Should be easy to understand for those interested in motorsports, and for the rest it's pretty hard to miss what its about when "motorsport club" is part of the name. Norwegian spelling off course :)

Attachments

• old logo.jpg
    old logo.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 89
  • kvinnherad.jpg
    kvinnherad.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 68
  • kvinnherad.pdf
    208.7 KB · Views: 126

Craig Sjoquist

I like the one in red, clean, readable, simple image.

The ones with circle on top are nice also ..BUT .. change the simple graphic

John Butto

pitstop

Really like this symbol, very simple and strong. Just made wheel change and straighten out the fender that got wreaked on turn four.

SlightlyChilled

the wheel and person onelooks to me like a stick person being bent over a wheel. I'm not bashing it that the first thing I saw

wildside

really like the emblem idea, but isn't working to well with that font for me

i would also maybe soften the lines on the car side of the image, instead of so jagged, the motorcycle side is nice and smooth and flowing

Last edited:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
all the ones on the right look like a spun tweaker on a 9 day binge.

not sure if thats what you were going for.

John Butto

thewordisfeedback

all the ones on the right look like a spun tweaker on a 9 day binge.
not sure if thats what you were going for.

He asked for "feedback" not "criticism". His designs/symbols are nordic/germanic which to me are being able to comprehend without the use of intrepidation of words. His fonts also depict the same style as to uniformity of black and white.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
@ John - feedback and criticism are synonymous - as long as the information given results in a better product... The first thing I see when I look at the symbols is a face with two wide "crazy" eyes and a big *** psychotic grin.
Besides, I wasn't aware that a simplified outline of the front assembly of a motorbike was in fact an ancient runic symbol.

@ Pat - www.facesofmeth.com. Don't do drugs.

ForgeInc

first thing i saw was a face too, kinda owl-ish.

personally not a fan of the icons, i think the flag direction is stronger.