• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reducing glare on digital print.

I have a customer that is building some sort of hunting decoy that is needing to reduce glare. The first set of prints that I ran for him were on Oracal 3165RA gloss and they were really shiny. Then I ordered some Oracal 3164 matte and that cut down on the sheen a lot. The customer just called and ask if there was any way to cut down on the sheen some more? Anyone have any ideas how to cut down on the glossy look? Are there "flat" or "satin" eco solvent inks? Thanks in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Use a matte spray clear and after they are completely covered, wait a few seconds for the clear to set up and then fog them.... a light coat.

rfulford

The spray is the way to go at this point I think. For future reference, 3M makes a ultra matte cast overlam called 8915.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I know there are anti-glare laminates (usually for trade shows and stuff) ... but really I would go with gino's suggestion. most of the anti-glare stuff is going to run you about 3 times regular laminate ... for one job. and even then you can't stop light from reflecting off of it unless it's a truly rough porous surface (think a rock or wood surface) even the most matte based smooth surfaces will have highlights and reflections since there is less micro surfaces to break that reflection up.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
krylon makes a matte spray that will bond with the laminate ... even think they have a 'for plastic' type that will work marvelously.